Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Artist in All of Us

You probably already know this, but I am an artist. I draw and paint, I sing and write music, I create when I'm happy, and more when I'm the other thing. It gives me a sense of joyful satisfaction, and a way to glorify the One who gave it to me. But perhaps what you did not know, is that you are an artist as well. And before you roll your eyes in complete disbelief at my namby-pamby claim, read on. In the profound words of someone unknown but very insightful:
 
"Everything in life is art. What you do, how you dress, the way you love someone, and how you talk. Your smile and your personality, what you believe in, and all your dreams. The way you drink your tea, how you decorate your home, or party; your grocery list, the food you make, how your writing looks, and the way you feel."

Life is art.

 
Your Life is art. 
 
You are art.
 
And what greater waste than to sit under a cloth in the back of a storage room in a gallery? Go and sing out loud, dance in the rain, wear your favourite clothes, live beauty, BREATHE beauty, and never, ever be fooled by the lie that you are not, or that they are not. 
 
"To paint, you must close your eyes and sing." 
-Pablo Picasso










 This is just some of my art, what is yours?

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, lovely post Annie.
    My art? Well, I must say dancing. And my clothes I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what I needed...sometimes I don't feel very arty or creative, having my closest friends who are very talented in 'art' (especially YOU!) makes me wish it too, but there's so much in my own life that is art, if I'll only view it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, yes! So happy to read your thoughts on this topic.
    Beautiful post. Your art astounds me. X

    ReplyDelete